Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Dismissed in Peace

There's an old hymn which heralds, "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus Christ and righteousness".

I think in many ways today, mankind continues to struggle in so much that somehow we can see the man Jesus the Christ way back when, yet what is reluctantly observed (seen) is His righteousness as it moves unchanged (affected) by time or man into our understanding.

The righteousness which causes Him to be continuously considered the "First" born of the beloved of God whose identity is to be enjoyed throughout eternity.

Let's examine the word "Hope" in the context of the hymn I spoke of above.

I wish to say there's nothing wrong with the cross examination of the truth of a matter, yet only If you're not absolutely convinced of its authenticity.

Otherwise wouldn't you find yourself building upon supposition?

The Apostle Paul seemed to have found great usefulness for the word If within much of what he wrote.

1 Cor 15:19
If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men.
NIV

To me it seems that much of his writing continuously drags this word front stage. As If to keep the weightier question fresh in the minds of those seeking the heart of the truth he wrote about.

In lite of insight and the direct words Christ spoke to him, I see Paul having read in his own time much of the same script we read today as well much more commentary handed to him from the preceding generation.

Paul's great faith like ours (should be esteemed) today requires believing what was already spoken from the mouth of God prior to any turn of events which do take place. How else will we know when we do witness things taking a turn (change) towards the up and coming events?

And that's not to mention finding ourselves able to recognize false prophets when they do speak.

Some today might even go as far to say, "If I too were blinded on the road to wherever and then was made able to see having scale like coverings fall from my eyes then I too would have the same kind of faith Paul had".

My opinion is that it requires more faith today to trust his testimony which we only get to read about. Much could and has been written about faith so I won't linger here beyond saying, "What many don't trust concerning scripture is what they (their spirit knows) also know about themselves deep down inside".

After all we've all been steeped in one and the same world of sin have we not?

Can you imagine his attempts to now reconcile this man Jesus that had come in the flesh as the savior of humanity and to have somehow missed Him for who He was as the son of the very God Paul believed in?

Especially after the many years he'd invested envisioning some other series of events leading up to His return which now fought against the present day teachings concerning His visitation?

I might have said, "What, how could I have missed him because I too had heard all the rumors of His activities yet I never believed them"!

Could Paul have ever heard the voice of instruction while reconciling such issues as one might try to hear from the mouth of a prophet such as king David?

Prov 8:23
I was appointed from eternity , from the beginning, before the world began.
NIV

Could the great revelation he received also been the essence of  truth in that "This man Jesus truly WAS the son of God"?

In so much that this one absolute proved to be the missing link which then connected the dots within all that he previously accepted on blind faith that had been handed to him from one generation to the next (as if his personal Rosetta Stone)?

Wouldn't Paul have had to somehow see himself as having been accepted as part of this divine family?

Paul understood both realms of identity. One here on earth, but also one which could only be validated from within the realms of heaven.

Within Paul's travel's he experienced the value of a public identity. Enough that he used this identity when dealing with the Roman authorities in one instance.


Acts 22:27-29
The commander went to Paul and asked, "Tell me, are you a Roman citizen ?"

"Yes, I am," he answered.

Then the commander said, "I had to pay a big price for my citizenship." "But I was born a citizen," Paul replied. Those who were about to question him withdrew immediately.
NIV

How does a man claim dual identities while both experience the same existence in physical form?


Gal 1:15-17
But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus.
NIV


I think that If it were not for the subtle arrest of Paul's behavior of that time, he could have easily continued to be as persuaded as his life had portrayed leading up to the instance of being blinded on the road to Damascus.


I can see how he probably believed what David said in scripture, but much like the Jews of his time they somehow aligned what was written about their savior the way they became accustomed to believing (the way they had been introduced to the truth).



Do you think that they ask, "Who would this prophecy manifest as in physical form"? What would such a savior do in order to prove who He was?

Who would this savior have to also prove himself to be? Did He have to prove to God or man who it was that He claimed to be?

It's one thing to claim to be a child of God, yet it's a divine process in order to be reconciled to God in lite of the truth.

I think too many miss the weight as the possibly of hearing the Lord say, "Away from me for I do not know you"!

John 5:31-32
"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid. There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is valid. 
NIV

Some might suggest it was Paul himself having become a learned (intelligent/logical) man, but I choose to believe it was the insight of the Holy Spirit having inspired his mind which then spoke to the pen, "Write".

Today we can see there are many interpretations concerning the after life. Yet none of them which are false can be validated with any physical evidence on this side of death other than the evidence of our faith in action..

This was written about the parents of Jesus as if they didn't know the depth of what was now being declared about their son who had yet perfomred as if the Son of God.

Luke 2:33
The child's father and mother marveled at what was said about him.
NIV

The disciples of Jesus had yet to hear what was said at this moment, yet did that change what was said about this infant?

Who are you in Christ? Whose testimony are you dependent upon in order to keep you on the straight path?

Is it mere men or the voice of your Only savior which will validate your identity you have held out in the hope for as you journey through this present life?

Which shadow will you hide beneath?

Will it be the shadow of darkness or the shadow of His wings?

Ps 63:7-11
Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth. They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.

But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced.
NIV

Luke 2:29-32
"Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace.
For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all people,
a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel."
NIV

Eph 5:6-20
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them. 

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 

For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: 

"Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." 

Be very careful, then, how you live — not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. 

Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment