Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

What resides in a name?

Luke 11:40
You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?
NIV


Wisdom that is true only comes from above and that to mean from the only one which is also able to establish it's boundaries.

Miracles are more often not considered miraculous until the individual considering such has ran out of explanations in their efforts to refute the source from which they came.


The fear of the unbeliever is that if they lose the battle within the minds of those which choose to believe, they also just lost the aid of a foot soldier that otherwise labored with them in order for them to feel comfortable within the entirety of what they choose NOT to believe.

Performing the explainable does not the miracle make. Believing the abiding message of the One which presents them as miracles is the question at hand.

John 10:25-30
Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. 


The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep


My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."  
NIV



The word of God states that he chose the foolish things of "This" world to frustrate the wise.


1 Cor 1:18-19

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise ;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."
NIV

I was once faced with the troubling consideration which presented itself from the lips of a man.

His words were, "I do believe there was a man named Jesus, but what I don't believe is that ANY man has ever walked on water or come back to life from being dead for several days".

What troubled me was not the man, but what as the cause compelled this man to speak the words he did?

Was it simple because he'd not seen with his own eyes or because he considered such things as second hand information someone had claimed as a witness to such events?


Matt 11:23
If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day.
NIV


John 10:31-39

31 Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"  

"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God." 

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God cameand the Scripture cannot be broken— what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles , that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." 
NIV

How convinced are you today of "Christ in you"? What does the voice of any mutual enemy sound like in such a corrupt world?

The son of God was put to death as was said above because those that killed Him also considered what He said as who he claimed to be as "Blasphemy"?

What's in your heart and what causes your mouth and actions to speak?


Eph 2:4-10
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions — it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
NIV

How have you been made able to respond to the doubting Thomas's which cross your path in this life?


John 20:27
Then he said to Thomas , "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."  
NIV




Know the truth and do not deny what will be made known in that day when you will confess that Jesus is Lord who has been given all power and authority to do the things He does.

Phil 2:9-11
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bowin heaven and on earth and under the earth, 
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father
NIV


May God bless your eyes and ears so that you might hear and see that which is true and everlasting.

SW

No comments:

Post a Comment