Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

I know you do!


Acts 26:27-29
King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do."

Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"

Paul replied, "Short time or long — I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains."
NIV
There are many words that manage their way into the boardroom of our understanding, yet very few that agree with the intentions of the Lord.

Some will say, "God is a mystery" or "God works in mysterious ways", yet what's truly been stated when you later hear that same voice trying to explain God to you?

A distant God is a mystery yet a  familiar God is Family.

Just because a person can find someone that says they believe what's being said, that in itself does not justify who God is within the one that says they're listening.

Being able to relate to God also requires knowing beyond doubt that He knows You better than you know yourself yet at the same time He wants You to Know Him.

How much of what God does know about you then also affects how you relate to Him?

Where is a mans reasoning voice within a dream if not asleep? Is man then also asleep if the voice of God is not able to reason with him?

Gen 20:6-7
Then God said to him in the dream, "Yes, I know you did this with a clear conscience, and so I have kept you from sinning against me. That is why I did not let you touch her.

Now return the man's wife, for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you will live.
NIV

Eph 5:8-17
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:

"Wake up , O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."

Be very careful, then, how you live — not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.
NIV

When you pray, don't pray like YOU mean it, instead pray like God embodies what He said to then take His Joy as your strength.
Ps 141:1-2
O LORD, I call to you; come quickly to me.
Hear my voice when I call to you.
May my prayer be set before you like incense.
may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.
NIV
John 10:25-30
 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep .

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one." 
NIV

Still don't believe in miracles?

Then consider what is imperfect that now holds out in the hope of being considered righteous In Gods sight as someone that also now shares that same good news AND with confidence to others...

Without faith it is impossible to please God.

If that same faith is NOT in the righteousness that ONLY Jesus can provide before God, then WHAT are you so confident of as though YOU do have something that's is also true to then give it away?



No comments:

Post a Comment