Search This Blog

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Applied Reasoning

There comes a time when talking about certain things over and over can get old. There are also times when a person should get tired of hearing themselves talk about themselves.

In my estimation true relationship requires being "Given"the opportunity to find out about the other person in order to reflect upon one another. There is a difference between a measured release and a Flood" of Information that can also drowned the other person.

Transparency is one thing whereas using the guise of transparency to try and cleanse your soul as if a confessional understanding of this word  I'm of the opinion if a person in a relationship does NOT ask specifically about a matter, DO NOT volunteer information they did NOT request. Most assume they have to reveal

Everything their past holds, yet more often the "Release" of this information is just that a release to somehow "Cleanse" their Conscience. Chances are if you weren't assume the thought never crossed their mind. If it did cross their mind leave them in control of what THEY are willing to further investigate or NOT. Accountability is a two way street.

How different is a True relationship with the Lord?

Years ago I made the tough choice to prune a few of these type of people from my own life. The depth of this type of person will only allow you so far into their own lives yet they have no problem constantly probing into your life almost as if an excuse to not have to investigate their own.

It's almost as if they're constantly on a recon mission trying to gather "Intel" about you rather than employing a mutually understood "quid-pro-quo" type of approach.

What most souls do NOT trust about other souls is what those other souls then do with such information once they've obtained it. If you your looking for a friend, does a friend sit quietly while you do harm to your own soul (self)?

How then do you see Christ? As a friend who says nothing? Has He been reduced to a slave of a friend who only agrees with the harmful things your soul has justified?

That is if you can also accept the word "Justified" also then suggest, "Just as if I had"?

What has any man truly become who is also without the opinion of God? As if the ONLY opinion that's true? Even more who is the man that refuses to be questioned by the truth no matter the likeness of the one sent to question him?

Don't get me wrong because I too love a good round or two of "Poker" but even in poker there comes a time when your hand gets "Called" out.

You can spend months or years trying to get to know these type of people, yet after some times lapses it usually dawns on you that you really don't know any more about them today than you did 2 years ago..

Don't hear what I'm not saying because there are times when we just need good listener to enter our circumstances or else practice being one.

I just had to come to terms with the reality there are friends and there are "Killers".

Have you ever mistakenly invited this type of person into your circle only later find you only invited yet another "addict" whose drug of choice is drama? So much that you either begin to feel like a "Voo Doo Doll" or "Crash Dummy" they use to test drive their own advice?

Those type that are quick to give you their "Advice", yet you rarely see them applying that same advice in their own lives?

Maybe there's more to the root word "Vice" than we've been willing to look into?

Maybe there's also more to type of person who understands the value of Faith, Believing and Trusting as if a friend we've yet to encounter within the full scope of everything that "Truth" is?

Have you ask yourself lately "Just" how great is God you take time to "Observe" as though something that is only as beautiful as it is within the eye of the "Beholder"?

There's power in a name and in their given title yet without knowing and trusting in the source of that same power how can a man ever learn to trust in the name or the title that's been assigned?

If you can't see from there to wherever it is that You are now, is it any hope that's also "Real"?

Ps 89:19-37
Once you spoke in a vision, to your faithful people you said: "I have bestowed strength on a warrior; I have exalted a young man from among the people. 

 I have found David my servant; with my sacred oil I have anointed him. My hand will sustain him; surely my arm will strengthen him. No enemy will subject him to tribute; no wicked man will oppress him. I will crush his foes before him and strike down his adversaries.

My faithful love will be with him and through my name his horn will be exalted.

I will set his hand over the sea, his right hand over the rivers. He will call out to me, 'You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.'  I will also appoint him my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth.

I will maintain my love to him forever, and my covenant with him will never fail. I will establish his line forever, his throne as long as the heavens endure.

"If his sons forsake my law and do not follow my statutes, if they violate my decrees and fail to keep my commands, I will punish their sin with the rod, their iniquity with flogging; but I will not take my love from him, nor will I ever betray my faithfulness.

I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered. Once for all, I have sworn by my holiness — and I will not lie to David —  that his line will continue forever and his throne endure before me like the sun; it will be established forever like the moon, the faithful witness in the sky."
NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment